Batteries are fundamental pieces that mobile phones have, but over time they must be replaced by wear. In fact, there are applications to save the cycles or to improve the life of it.
There are very few people who know that the battery charge of our mobile phone is calculated by means of a series of algorithms that the mobile phone executes and that is based on the capacity of the battery, the charging time and the maximum point of the battery. In case some algorithm fails, we will find deviation in the calculations and therefore, we must calibrate the battery. We already tell you that it is not difficult to do it, but you have to pay close attention to the steps.
Before we start with the tutorial, we have to know why it is convenient to keep calibrated the battery of our mobile. Sometimes it can happen that the mobile device shows a battery level that does not correspond and therefore, the mobile suddenly turns off. It can also happen that the mobile phone guarantees that it is at more than 50% of battery power when it is not and it shuts down. Keeping our battery calibrated is not only beneficial for these occasions, but it is also healthy for the battery. Our recommendation is that from time to time you keep calibrated the battery of the mobile and do not trust the applications that promise to do it since they do not work.
Steps To Calibrate The Battery Of Your Android Device
The method that we will teach is general for the Android operating system since it can be applied to any brand of phone and battery. And ideally, we apply it every 3 or 4 months and, if we have external batteries, it is also good that we apply it. Now, let’s take the necessary steps to calibrate the mobile’s battery.
- The first step is to connect the mobile or the battery to the external charger until it reaches 100%. Of course, we must be very sure that it has reached the full load.
- Once the load is ready, we insert the battery into our cell phone or disconnect it from the charging source, in order to use the mobile phone until it is fully discharged. It should be noted that we must wait for the mobile to die and not turn it off when there is 1% or 2% left. One recommendation is that we use heavy games, observe multimedia content or use applications that quickly download the mobile battery.
- We have to wait at least 4 hours with the phone discharged so that the battery releases the residual energy that may have been left of the last charge.
- After the time elapses, we reconnect the phone to the charger or insert the battery. And we have to leave the phone until it reaches 100% load, as we did before.
- By completing the steps correctly, the battery of our mobile must be calibrated. It is ready for you to use it without problems for 3 or 4 months until you calibrate it again.
It should be noted that it is impossible to prevent the battery from getting dislodged and, therefore, from time to time we must calibrate it. And remember that the worst for the battery are the increases in temperature, fast charges, wireless charges and excess load time.